Posted on June 3rd, 2012
Making things look sharper around here on at SIGD Records. Most of what I want is done, but expect little tweaks here and there. Ok, news time:
1) Peace Be Still love the States! Peace Be Still finished up their first stint in the states a week or so. I was lucky enough to tag along and oversee things/be homeless with them. They are currently in the studio recording two new songs, one of which is going to featured on the Topshelf Records 2012 Sampler!
2) William Bonney preorders will be back up soon! Things I running smoothly with the record. In the next week or two we will open up a bit more of preorders for the album. For those of you that e-mailed me, you will be the first to know the specific date and time. If you would like to know, just throw and e-mail to: email@example.com with the heading "William Bonney Boner" or something clever like that.
3) We have our next release lined up for after William Bonney! We will be working with Chalk Talk on the release of their one-sided twelve inch called Bad Influences. I just got ahold of the master audio files the other day, and I am extremely excited for this one. Also, if you are from Europe, make sure to check for tour dates in the near future (August/September) for Chalk Talk and Everyone Everywhere. Hint, hint!
4) We will be moving headquarters! Metro Detroit is nice, but we are moving ourselves and our operations into Ann Arbor, Michigan. I guess that could still be considered metro detroit to some. Speaking of Ann Arbor, congrats to Brave Bird (A² natives) for their recent signing to fellow (better) midwest indie label Count Your Lucky Stars!
5) The Family Might/Badgerhunt split is put on the backburner :( We unfortunately won't be doing this release with Carucage Records because of band stuff. We hope the best for them, and once they have things figured out hopefully this yet-to-be-released split will see the light of day and get a wax treatment.
6) We have some shirts left from Pouzza! Explore the sidebar to find the shirt (Click "More"), more information can be found there.
I think that's all for now. Enjoy the lovely summer weather/zombies!
Posted on May 16th, 2012
Happy spring! We've been somewhat quiet for a few months but we have some big updates for you!
1) The Peace Be Still LP's are in! If you ordered one or the special bundle, they were just shipped out today. However, if you ordered the William Bonney record in addition to that, those shipments will be made once the William Bonney record comes in. Speaking of which...
2) William Bonney records are being made! We should be getting the test presses in the next week or two, and after that we just need to do the screen printing on them. Everything is going according to schedule and we hope to have these completed by early July. Definitely before their tour beginning on July 12th. As far as the orders go, we will most likely reopen them to be ordered once they are done. If you haven't already, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to be part of the group that will be the first to know specifically what day the orders go back up. Otherwise, just check back here now and again!
3) We are co-releasing another record with Carucage Records! I really liked working with these guys with the Adaje/Lizards Have Personalities split, so when they approached me about another venture, I said sure! Carucage hasn't announced the bands involved yet, so I won't divulge that just yet. Eh, fuck it. It's these guys and these guys. I listened to some of the tracks and I am excited about this one!
4) We will not be shipping any orders from now until the 28th. This is both good news and bad news I guess. Bad news because, if you order from now until the 28th it most likely won't get shipped out until June. The good news is that we can't ship them because we are hitting the road with Peace Be Still. SIGD Records will have a table at Pouzza Fest in Montreal and then will be helping sell merchandise on the road. This is a great opportunity for us and I can't wait to see some of the bands that are sharing the stage with them. The beer will be fun too.
5) The site is getting the world's slowest makeover! Whenever I say "we", I mean the people behind this record label. And when I say "people behind this record label", I mean myself and Lori. I update the look of the site when I have time, but we also need to make time for: promotion, booking shows, our day jobs, and putting out records of course! We love doing this, but it makes things like designing cool websites take time. So, take a look around and in the next couple months the site will slowly change into something that is a little prettier.
Posted on March 23rd, 2012
We have hit the 100 mark, so that is the extent of people that will receive the record with the special limited outer jacket.
People that still want one: don't fret! We are only stopping orders until we get the actual vinyl pressed and ready. In a couple months, you will be able to get the vinyl one of two ways:
1) From William Bonney on their tour. See the tour section for dates.
2) From either our label's online store, or Songs from the Road Records' online store.
The vinyl will be the same as the original preorders, but it will not include the special jacket. If the city you are planning on buying vinyl from the band is later on in the tour, I recommend purchasing them via one of the online stores when they are available.
The immediate response/interest in this project was unexpected and very exciting, we are going to start the process of getting these made next week!